Call for abstracts to the California Society of Anesthesiologists Resident Research Day
Saturday, June 13 9:00-10:30 AM
Dear CSA Members,
Because of the Covid-19 pandemic, all major opportunities for California anesthesiology residents to present original research and other scholarship, such as interesting case reports, were cancelled, including the CSA Annual Meeting and WARC.
To help California residents, CSA will be organizing a California Society of Anesthesiologists Resident Research Day as a virtual presentation on Saturday, June 13 at 9 am. See below for more information and submission process.
Interested residents should send in their abstracts to the CSA office by Sunday, May 24 by midnight to the google form: (https://forms.gle/gf5An3drvqELrxps7).
A committee has been formed to organize the Research Day and review the submissions. They are in alphabetic order: Rita Agrawal, Richard L Applegate, Eugenia Ayrian, Adam Milam, Ron Pearl, Vivianne Tawfik, and John Brock-Utne (Chair).
We hope many of you will tune in on June 13 to learn about all the exciting anesthesia research being done in California.
The CSA Resident Research Day Committee
CSA 2020 Resident Research Day Abstract Presentation Guidelines
1. Abstract submission is open to all Anesthesiology Trainees: residents, fellows and medical students.
2. An abstract of no more than 250 words should be submitted electronically by May 24, 2020 using the following form: https://forms.gle/gf5An3drvqELrxps7. Additional graphs or attachments as part of the abstract can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. The papers are submitted with the understanding that they represent recent work performed primarily by the presenter. This does not preclude their presentation in National or International meetings after January 1, 2020, or publication in press in a peer reviewed journal by June 2019.
4. Topics should have a clinical message pertaining to Ambulatory Anesthesia, Chronic and Cancer pain, critical care, Equipment, Monitoring and Engineering technology, Geriatric Anesthesia, Obstetric Anesthesia, Outcome Research, Patient Safety, Pediatric Anesthesia, Regional Anesthesia and Acute Pain. Case reports are welcome.
5. The Research Day’s Scientific Committee will select 14 abstracts for live presentations based on their academic merit, clarity, method of presentation and originality. All abstracts submitted will be posted on the CSA Website.
6. The presentation will be for 5 minutes on a virtual platform with 1 question.
7. All accepted PowerPoint Presentations will need to be submitted ahead of time for approval.
8. The winner of the abstract session will receive their registration fee to the CSA 2021 Annual Meeting & Workshops provided complimentary. 50% discount for 2nd place. 25% discount for 3rd place.
9. PowerPoint suggested Format should include:
Title and authors. Include all names and institutions.
For a case report present the relevant facts and conclusions. Be mindful of HIPAA.
Introduction. Introduce the topic with an outline including background information and relevance
describing how this project will add new information in the field.
Methods. Describe the steps you used for your project.
Results/Data Analysis. A brief description of the data, and what the results demonstrate.
Conclusions. Summarize the main points.
Future Directions. Briefly describe what will happen next for your project.