FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Media contact: Lisa Yarbrough,
California Society of Anesthesiologists Elect New Officers
James Moore, MD Becomes CSA President for 2015-2016 Term
Sacramento, CA (June 16, 2015) - The California Society of Anesthesiologists (CSA) announced its slate of new officers for 2015-2016. James Moore, MD, Clinical Professor of Anesthesiology & Perioperative Medicine, Administrative Director of the Preoperative Evaluation and Planning Center at UCLA and physician informaticist for the UCLA Health System, became president for the next term. The new officers were elected at CSA’s annual House of Delegates Meeting in Los Angeles which brought together physician anesthesiologists from all over the state to discuss governance issues.
The CSA has also hired David Butler as its new Executive Director and is moving its headquarters to Sacramento effective July 1, 2015.
“I’m thrilled to be leading the CSA as we continue to be engaged and proactive in important public and policy discussions related to anesthesia and healthcare issues,” said Dr. James Moore. “The CSA is committed to keeping pace with new models of learning and understanding what members want from their society. I am looking forward to expanding the association’s reach and impact in the coming year.”
Dr. James Moore brings an extensive history of serving the CSA where he has worked as the director of District 11, Vice Speaker of the House of Delegates, and Speaker of the House of Delegates. For the American Society of Anesthesiologists (ASA), Dr. Moore is the chair of the Committee on Performance & Outcomes Measurement and is a member of the committees on Electronic Media & Information Technology, Standards & Practice Parameters, and Health Policy Research. He is a delegate from California to the ASA House of Delegates. He is responsible for working with CSA’s staff, officers, district directors and committee members to enhance and promote the association.
CSA’s officers for 2015-2016 include:
- President, James Moore, MD
- President-Elect, Mark Zakowski, MD
- Speaker of the House, Christine Doyle, MD
- Vice-Speaker, Edward Mariano, MD, MAS
- Secretary, Karen Sibert, MD
- Assistant Secretary, Rima Matevosian, MD
- Treasurer and Chief Financial Officer, William Feaster, MD, MBA
- Assistant Treasurer, Judi Turner, MD, PhD
- Chair, Legislative and Practice Affairs Division (LPAD), Jeffrey Poage, MD
- Vice-Chair for Practice Affairs, LPAD, John Hsieh, MD.
- Vice-Chair for Legislative Affairs, LPAD, Keith Chamberlin, MD, MBA
- Chair, Education and Programs Division, Samuel Wald, MD, MBA
- ASA Director from California, Michael Champeau, MD
- ASA Alternate Director from California, Linda Hertzberg, MD
About the California Society of Anesthesiologists
The California Society of Anesthesiologists is a physician organization dedicated to promoting the highest standards of the profession of anesthesiology, to fostering excellence through continuing medical education, and to serving as an advocate for anesthesiologists and their patients. The CSA engages in healthcare policy-making in California, provides high quality education and practice management resources, and serves as a thoughtleader on anesthesia related issues. For more information visit http://www.csahq.org/